- Hearing testing for adults and children
- School screenings
- Industrial hearing testing
- Hearing aid selection and fittings
- Hearing aid repairs and accessories
- Customised ear plugs/noise protection
WHAT IS AN AUDIOLOGIST?
An Audiologist is a healthcare provider who specialise in the prevention, identification, assessment, diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the central or peripheral and vestibular system. They are involved in the provision of audiological rehabilitation to both children and adults.
WHAT IS A HEARING AID?
A hearing aid is a small electronic device that you wear in or behind your ear. It makes sounds louder to improve hearing of the sounds a person is unable to hear so that a person with hearing loss can listen, communicate, and participate in daily activities.
DOES YOUR CHILD HAVE A HEARING LOSS?
If you observe any of the following behaviours or symptoms of hearing loss, you should consider having your child’s hearing tested by an audiologist:
- Does your child inconsistently responds to sound?
- Does your child present with delayed language and speech development?
- Does your child have unclear speech?
- Does your child have the volume turned up high on the radio, TV or CD player?
- Does your child not follow directions?
- Does your child often request you to repeat what you have said?
- Does your child not respond when called?
DO YOU HAVE A HEARING LOSS?
Answer the following questions. If you reply “yes” to two or more of these questions, you would benefit greatly from a hearing assessment:
- Do you have a problem hearing on the telephone?
- Do you have trouble hearing when there is noise in the background?
- Is it hard for you to follow a conversation, where two or more people talk at once?
- Do you have to strain to understand a conversation?
- Do many people you talk to seem to mumble?
- Do you misunderstand what others are saying, and respond inappropriately?
- Do you often ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you have trouble understanding the speech of women and children?
- Do people complain that you turn the TV volume up too high?
- Do some sounds seem too loud?
- Do you hear a ringing, roaring, or hissing sounds?
AFFORDABLE, MEDICAL AID RATES • FRIENDLY & PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
ABOUT YAEL AMOILS
Yael Amoils studied a Bachelors of Arts in Speech Language Therapy and Audiology (Hons) at the University of the Witwatersrand and thereafter completed her Community Service year at Natalspruit Hospital in Katlehong. She worked in the private sector as a Speech Therapist and Audiologist, until she found her passion lay in Audiology, where she enjoys bringing sound to those that have lost their hearing.
In 2016 she opened her own practice in the Harmelia-Edenvale area. Servicing the industrial and residential areas surrounding her practice.
Yael is passionate about helping people and focuses on providing a friendly and professional service. She enjoys the interactive relationships which she builds with her patients and aims at providing an affordable and an in- depth service with state of the art equipment.
Yael Amoils is registered with the Health Professionals Council of South Africa as well as the South African Association of Audiology.
WHERE TO FIND US
49 Shelton Avenue, Harmelia, Edenvale